Friday, February 17, 2006

Here

Why didn't anyone tell me to study harder on my italian?? :) Haha I remember that Francesco told me: no you don't have to learn any italian, we all speak english (at the university). Hehe well maybe everyone càn speak english, but no one does, because everyone is (naturally) italian :P So especcially the first day I felt really lost, and probably I will have many more moments like that, especcially at night when I miss my home a lot.. But I will try my best to learn as fast as possible.. The two other (kind of interns) girls that work with Francesco are really nice. Francesco and Lucia (one of the girls) came to pick me up at the airport and we went to the residence where I stay a week. It is indeed with the nuns! Hahaha but they are very friendly and speak (a bit) english! Even the very old, small head-sister spoke english! [is the word nun? or sister? in dutch: non] My room is about 8m2 and has a bed and a desk and a cupboard, so all I need.. Francesco asks everyone he knows whether they know a place to stay for me haha very funny, so we are looking hard to find me a new place to live for a longer period than a week :)
The place where we work is actually not at the university but at the hospital. Francesco has a room where the two girls also work and where I also will work.. All the size of a small AiO room in Maastricht and with two computers and two desks hahaha.. But I think they will expand.. Otherwise I don't know how Francesco can work :)
Lucia is helping me a lot with everything.. she is calling for me to some houses so that is very nice of her.. and we're going for some pizza tonight with her boyfriend and his brother I think.. And maybe tomorrow we go to Follonica, where I think her parents live..
Let me think.. what else is there to tell.. Well actually a lot, since I have had no time to access the internet untill now.. I've Skyped with Lauran for an hour which was ofcourse very nice.. It's better to talk like that, when you don't have to watch the time because of money.. If everything goes well an ip-address will be arranged for me, so I can connect my laptop to the internet, and then I will be a lot more online I think..
Well, I think I'm going to end here for now, because then I can do some emailing and such before the time = up..
Hope to see you all soon again!

[edit] Oh and yes my Skype name = alinedeborst for everyone who wants to add me [/edit]

5 Comments:

At 2/18/2006 04:25:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Het is inderdaad nun, dus dat had je goed geraden :)

Zal de komende dagen eens gaan bedenken of ik je dan inderdaad zal toevoegen op skype ;)

Enjoy ! Jouke

 
At 2/18/2006 06:07:00 pm, Blogger Xiricou said...

Doe dat maar.. :P

 
At 2/18/2006 07:46:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoi Line, leuk om de update te lezen, Japs heeft net uitgelegd wat skype is, dus ik zal eens kijken of ik dat ook kan regelen :) Wel gezellig zo met zijn allen op een kamer en dat er twee aardige dames zijn om mee te socializen. Tis natuurlijk vervelend dat er weinig Engels gesproken wordt, maar daar leer je wel sneller van, veel luisteren en vragen als je t niet snapt (zegt Japs). Is wel vervelend de eerste tijd, but you'll fit in, in no time. Veel plezier alvast morgen en veel liefs,

Marin (en japs)

 
At 2/19/2006 12:16:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Het komt wel goed met je Italiaans :) Or else you have a big problem :P

Veel succes komende tijd met getting settled.

Groetjes

Snun

 
At 2/20/2006 10:07:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey lief Alinetje!

Heb je meteen even toegevoegd aan skype, kunnen we n keertje bellen! Allemaal even wennen zo te horen, hoop dat je snel een kamer voor iets langer gaat vinden. Maar voorlopig gezellig bij the nuns :-). En Lucia klinkt super aardig.
Tot gauw!

Knuffel,
marieke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home